Hard capsules are a common dosage form available in the Vietnamese pharmaceutical market. As published on the Drug Administration of Vietnam website, there are over 4000 medicines registered as hard capsules, which accounts for 10% of the total number of registered medicines in Vietnam.
The variety of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) found in hard-capsule products includes: antibiotics (amoxicillin, cephalexin..), relievers (naproxen), cardiovascular drugs (amlodipine, ) v.v…
In pharmaceutical manufacturers in Vietnam, the common layout for production lines is hard capsule lines along with tablet lines because they can use the same mixing and granulating equipment. In theory, the capsule production process seems much simpler than tablets because you only need to put the right amount of powder or granule into the capsule shell.
However, the fact is that the problems of hard capsules, such as those related to uniformity of weight, scratching, splitting, capsule deformation, solubility, etc., are much more difficult to handle than tablets, especially the problem of incompatibility between active ingredients and capsules.
To provide a stable and efficient hard capsule manufacturing process, the following listed requirements should be met:
- Creating a formula that both adapts to stability and is suitable for the capsule size.
- Evaluating the level of incompatibility between APIs, excipients, and capsule shells.
- Understanding the root causes of common issues and deviations and solutions related to hard capsule filling and folding.
- Understanding the mechanism of the hard capsule filling machine and new applicable technology.
You may be more confident when facing these reality problems if you join the seminar “Hard capsules: Important technical issues” with SEN Pharma.
- Date – Time: December 15th, 2023 (Friday), at 08:30 – 11:30 am
- Registration form: Scan the QR code on the poster or click on the link below the comment
- Preferential fee: 100.000 VND/ person.
Special note: The registration fee will be converted to a voucher for the next training course/talk show of SEN Pharma. Limited registration slots are only for 200 people.